for Port of Rotterdam Digital LAB site and Products
With this privacy statement we inform you about the processing of (personal) data by the Department of Digital Business Solutions of Havenbedrijf Rotterdam N.V. (‘the Port of Rotterdam’ or ‘we’) for our Digital Lab Products. It explains to you (‘End User’ or ‘you’) who we are, what data (including personal data) we collect and the different ways in which we collect, use, and share this data, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
The scope of this privacy statement.
The scope of this privacy statement covers the disclosure of all information processed in connection with the registration for and the use of Products and related support services.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your (personal) information, please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this privacy statement.
Who we are.
Havenbedrijf Rotterdam N.V. is responsible for the operation of Europe’s largest port. Besides the daily operations of the port, we also – amongst others – provide and develop digital and consultancy services.
From whom we obtain the following data.
As further described below, we collect several types of data from and about you and the company you work for:
1. Information you voluntarily provide to us:
- When you register to use a Product:
– company name;
– phone number (optional).
- When you fill out the forms/answer the questions regarding a Product;
- When you report a problem with our services;
- When you contact us in general.
2. Information we collect as you use and/or navigate through a Product.
How we use data collected.
We may use information that we collect about you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the information and/or services that you request from us;
- To operate, maintain and improve the Product;
- To track if your use of the Product is compliant with our license terms;
- To track your use and/or browsing behavior in the Product for analytics purposes;
- For industry analysis, benchmarking, analytics, marketing, and other business purposes.
Please note that we will not contact you unless you explicitly have given your permission to do so.
With whom we share data collected
The information/data collected will not be shared with any third party.
Legal basis for data processing
Our legal basis for collecting, using and otherwise processing the (personal) information described above is your consent to do so, or where we need the (personal) information to perform a contract with you/perform a service for you.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your (personal) information, please send us an e-mail using the contact details provided at the bottom of this privacy statement.
Security and Confidentiality
We maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the (personal) information obtained, from accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure and access. Our personnel and service providers with access to personal information collected through a Product are required to keep such information confidential and secure. Where third party service providers process personal data on our behalf we have concluded data processor agreements with them. All personal data is stored and processed by us and our service providers within the European Economic Area (EEA).
We will retain your personal information and the data you provided for a term of 12 months, unless a longer retention period is required by law (for example, to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need or legal obligation to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it.
For the sake of clarity and for the avoidance of any doubt, data obtained from you that is not personal data, as well as the data that has been anonymised is NOT subject to privacy rights and obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation and may be stored, used, or otherwise processed by us, our affiliates and/or third parties indefinitely.
Your Privacy Rights
We provide you with certain choices regarding the information you provide to us. In particular:
- If you wish to access, correct, update, or request deletion of your personal information, you can send us an e-mail using the contact details provided at the bottom of this privacy statement;
- We will process your requests to exercise your privacy rights, including if you object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. You may send us an e-mail using the contact details provided at the bottom of this privacy statement;
- In addition, if we process your personal information in reliance upon your consent, you can contact us at any time to withdraw your consent;
- You have the right to file a complaint about our processing of your personal data with the Dutch Data Protection Authority. For more information, visit the website of the Dutch Data Protection Authority: https://www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl .
We will respond to such requests in accordance with the requirements of with the General Data Protection Regulation. Please note that in order to fulfil your request, we may need you to provide certain personal information to verify your identity. Please note that by fulfilling such request, we might not be able to continue to provide you with the (proper) service and you might no longer be able to (fully) use our service.
To ask questions or comment about this privacy statement and our privacy practices or if you need to update, change or remove your personal information or exercise any other rights, contact us:
Havenbedrijf Rotterdam N.V.
Web-form (general privacy: preferred point of contact): click here
E-mail address (general privacy)
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Havenbedrijf Rotterdam N.V.
World Port Center (WPC)
08:00 – 17:00 hour
(Mo.-Fri., excluding national holidays)